Her Name . . . is Cupcake

20120413

Untitled

&& if I let it, you would be the very death of me. Taking every single breath from me, squeezing me, teasing me as the tears roll down my face && wiping them away before they reach my chin. Holding me close when I lay my head on your chest as you mock me within, fighting back your urge to grin. Whispering in my ear "smile, because everything is gonna be okay" as you proceed to sharpen the knife you'll use to stab me w/ the very next day. && oh silly me, I fall in love w/ the beautiful lies you tell, for my backbone has become so frail that even the smallest ounce of truth can crush every part of me. Throw your darts at me, && pull them out tenderly, promise that you'll never hinder me as you chain me to the gates of hell. Remind me that you'll never let me go as you set me off to sail. It's not the dark that I'm afraid, but what's visible in the light, our issues go unnoticed when the day turns to night. && even then peaceful moments turn into fights. && yet this is what I live for, the times where you reach out for my hands && slam my fingers in the door. Screaming at the top of your lungs that you love me, but proving w/ your actions that you hate me more. It's amazing that I can live like this, wrapped up in such a hideous bliss, refusing to let go, refusing to accept all that I know. Sweet love you can be so bitter, very much so an acquired taste, tell me that if I give up now it wouldn't make me a quitter, because my heart is growing tired running in this race. Tell me that if I leave today, tomorrow you'll still remember my face. && if I stay, show me that all my love isn't going to waste. && this is what I dream for, reality speaks blaspheme && loneliness chases after me. In my dreams I can live out my fantasy, pretend as though everything you say is true, looking at gray skies but seeing them blue, laughing at the world because I'm the only thing that matters to you. Oh the agony of waking up, the stress it causes to believe you're moving forward but realize you've been doing nothing but backing up. Were we ever suppose to make it this far ? When did we stop wishing on shooting stars ? && when did you let go of my hand ? && Why didn't you tell me that this is how we would end ?


Until Fingers Meet Keys:

No comments:

Post a Comment